Monday, July 9, 2012

I can't stay away :)

As some of you may know, I just completed a “30 things to do before I turn 30 in 3 months” challenge. 

Yes, it was time consuming and a tad bit on the expensive side, but I had SO MUCH FREAKING FUN with it... it was a kick in the pants for me to live this beautiful life, chip away at some of the things that I've always wanted to do (but of course was always "too busy" to do), and help me celebrate the fact that I was turning 30, for Three. Whole. Months.

I had so much fun, and I loved blogging, and I found myself in such a sad state thinking that it was over...

So I decided, why the heck does it need to be over? 

So...

I'm gonna keep on going. 

If you are tired of hearing me bare my soul and innermost thinkings, then no worries - I'm no longer going to post my blog posts on facebook (except for this one!).  And for the few of you who actually expressed interest in continuing to read on... sign up to receive emails whenever I make a new post.  I have 30 things to do in 12 months, so expect one post a week (plus or minus) instead of the multiple posts that I was cramming in at the last minute  (hey, I had a DEADLINE!) :)

Without further ado...

30 things to do now that I’ve turned 30 (with one extra thrown in there for good measure)!
 ***Disclaimer!  Subject to change :)***
 
  1. Become certified in Scuba diving
  2. Teach a spin class
  3. Read 30 more books
  4. Dress like a superhero for Halloween
  5. See a Steelers game in enemy territory
  6. Participate in a Flash Mob
  7. Create (and follow) a financial plan
  8. Become conversational in Spanish
  9. Take a stand up paddle board lesson
  10. Do the “Insanity” 60 day challenge
  11. Visit my parents in Alabama =)
  12. Do a Tough Mudder / Warrior dash type of race
  13. Go Paleo for 30 days
  14. Go to a concert
  15. Ride on the back of a motorcycle
  16. Learn how to fly a helicopter
  17. Eat at another 3 star Michelin restaurant
  18. Cook 30 more new recipes, and blog about each one!
  19. Travel somewhere else on my bucket list
  20. Visit the NY Botanical Gardens
  21. See "The Book of Mormon" on Broadway
  22. Hang out at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Rooftop Bar
  23. Go to Peter Luger's steakhouse
  24. Run a race (10K, half marathon or marathon)
  25. Take a writing class
  26. See Fuerza Bruta
  27. Get more involved with a non-profit
  28. Complete the counted cross stitch piece that I’ve been working on for years!
  29. Take pole dancing classes
  30. Learn how to change the tire on a car
  31. Do something crazy

So, what do you think???  Am I crazy?  Are you excited?  Do you not care?  Don't forget to sign up for email alerts whenever I have a new post!!!  And get ready.... the next year will be the best year ever.
 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh come to Baltimore for your Steelers game in enemy territory! Nothing says fun like watching the Steelers in the Ravens Roost!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an excellent idea!!!! Ellie and I are trying to fly to Dallas to visit Deana and Mark (and to watch the Steelers play the Cowboys), but if that falls through, we'll definitely make it your way!!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the next year!!!

    ReplyDelete