Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My next challenge

Every time another week, month, year, decade passes, I repeat the same phrase: how quickly time flies.

It's true. It's already mid-November. Less than 2 months, 60 days, 1440 hours... so much I want to accomplish.

My main goal?  I want to focus on my health.  I have to balance that with the obligatory responsibilities - kicking ass at work and studying for the CFP exam, which makes it tough but honestly I have no excuse.  Actually, I have plenty of excuses, but they are all flimsy.

So... let's break this down.

My goal: Focus on my health.

What does that mean?  Two parts:
1. Focus on fueling my body appropriately.
2. Focus on more consistent physical activity. 

So that sounds easy enough, right?

Ha... right... but what I really mean is wrong.

This isn't easy for me.  It should be, I really do have all the time in the world, and I have no excuses.

So I need support.  And love.  And encouragement.  Feel free to go Jillian Michaels on me and yell at me.  In fact, I would rather the tough love, so BRING. IT. ON.




One final thought... whenever you have a goal, you want to make sure they are SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound).

Specific: I need to define specifically what I want to do. 
Measurable: weight, measurements, and images have all been documented/taken. 
Achievable: F*** yes I can do this!
Realistic: Yes.
Timebound: For life.

Ha, but in reality, I'm going to set a date of February 14, 3 months/90 days from now.  Why?  Because that's the day I fly to Chile and spend 6 days hiking (at a high altitude) Patagonia, so I need to be in shape.  But it's also a reward for all my hard work.

So let's DO THIS.  Who's with me?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Kim, we are with you all the way!!! Please call me :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete